Two weeks ago our pastor preached about using what God gave us for His glory and not ours. Some are blessed with many things while others are blessed with little. Where do you stand? How do you use what God gave you (little or much)? Don't feel guilty for having more than someone else and don't feel shortchanged if you have less than someone else. God gave you exactly what he wanted you to have. Now go use it to bring glory to God!
These are some of the key points Pastor Jeff touched on. These were questions we are to ask of ourselves and evaluate where we stand with God and the material possessions He has entrusted to us for the time we are on earth to do His work! One thing DJ thought of was expanding our family. At first, the idea was about adoption. God has opened his heart to adopting a precious child who has no home! This was the first time for him to feel this way, but not the first time for me. I have considered the idea before. I knew God didn't want me to close my heart to the idea. So I prayed that God would lead our family (and DJ) in the right path when it came to this option.
Now most of you know for 2 years now I have NOT wanted to have another baby via pregnancy! This didn't include adoption. I was/and am open to adoption being the way of expanding our family. However, since DJ and I have started talking about adoption, God has been softening my heart about pregnancy too. I feel this is an option, much like adoption, that I shouldn't close my heart to. So, how does God want us to expand our family? Well that is the big question right now!
Going back to the lesson two weeks ago, we have felt we have room enough in our lives and home to expand our family. We have a meeting to attend about adoption in the next few weeks. We have lots of information to gather about the whole process. And we have the option of pregnancy too. We are now praying for God's plan. I know he will reveal it to us, I just have to be patient. So, eventually we will expand The Jackson Four to The Jackson Five!
2 comments:
So exciting, Jennifer.
That's awesome Jennifer!!! How exciting for your family! I love adoption and the thought of some little person out there waiting for a mommy and it could be you! Pulls my heart strings! Looking forward to seeing how God answers your prayers and blesses your family!
Post a Comment