Friday, November 4, 2011

Visiting the Vet

We had to take Lexi to the vet on Monday because her ear had another hematoma. This is where fluid, usually blood, collects under the skin and causes swelling and pain. Think of a very large fluid filled blister. She has had one before in her other ear. Because of her history, I check her ears often for the signs. I caught this one earlier than the last, and thankfully it was much smaller. The vet has to drain the hematoma by puncturing it with a needle. 

 Dr. Bridges and his staff have always been wonderful to us. We love them very much. I had to take Lexi back on Thursday to have it drained again since they tend to re-swell. I also found out that Dr. Bridges is starting to work less and he has brought on more veterinarian to work on days he is off. Dr. Taylor we saw on Monday and Dr. Travis we saw on Thursday. They were both really nice and informative. I am looking forward to getting to know them better. Here are some pictures of the kids and Lexi from Thursday's visit.

Sitting in the "corner" seat waiting on Dr. Travis to come in.

Hannah just being silly. Lexi thinking "why did you bring me here?"

Lexi waiting patiently for Dr. Travis

No comments: