"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11
DJ and I have been leaning more towards having a child of our own (instead of adoption). We have actually been getting excited and at one point were discussing baby names. I know, we jumped the gun a bit! Well yesterday I wanted to check our maturity insurance again. See, with DJ's new job we had to purchase our own health insurance. With this new coverage we had the option of adding maturity. We did...for that "just in case" moment. Turns out the insurance company will not start paying benefits for maturity until 12 months after the start of coverage! Which means now is not the time to get pregnant. Not unless we want to pay an unmentionable amount!
I really was kind of sad yesterday after reading this info. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized this was God's way of saying "slow down". We have a meeting we are going to attend for adoption. Maybe God really wants us to adopt. Or maybe he just wants us to be patient and wait for His timing and will and not ours.
1 comment:
We had the same problem. My maternity coverage didn't start until October and I got pregnant in June, so we did have to pay for some of it. Just make sure the baby isn't born before that year is up! :)
Also, make sure you know ahead of time if a baby is covered for the first two months. I had Blue Cross and nothing of Jake's first two months was covered. Made for a pretty high hospital and pediatrician bill. Just warning you. Hopefully yours isn't like that!
Post a Comment