Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pinnacle Mountain

Today we spent the afternoon climbing Pinnacle Mountain. This was the kid's and Lexi's first time to climb it.  Before we had kids, DJ and I used to run up and down, all the way to the top and back! The kiddos are a little small still, so we only made it to the 5th marker. That is right as you get to the big rocks. On a side note, we had to take a different path starting out because they are doing work on the original path. (markers 1 - 4)  I guess it is just maintenance and upkeep work. Here are some pictures.

Starting out! (notice how clean Trey is!)

About the 4th marker

Hannah really wanted a picture on top of this big rock. I forgot to get the rock in the picture! Oops.
 This is where we stopped and rested before coming back down. DJ just loves this place. This was where he took me for our second date. (Note: he wouldn't continue dating me if I didn't make it to the top. I did!) This is where he purposed to me! And many times we just came for fun. Now he was able to take our kids for the first time. More pictures...


My Honey Bunny. He had such a great time. This is one of his great loves of Arkansas.

Trey, getting dirtier! He had a great time too!

Our view from where we stopped. The kids loved it and so did I. Lexi did too! She was a trooper.

No comments: