Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday. He turned 54 (I think)! We had a little get together at his house with all my siblings. There was my dad and step-mom, my oldest brother Brandon and his wife Shawna and their three sons, Austin, Brandon P. and Aaron. Then there was my kids, Hannah and Trey and our niece Iva, and DJ and myself. Also attending was my younger brothers, Matt and Taylor. Matt's wife Elizabeth (pregnant with child) was also there. Then the neighbor came over with her son as well. (If you lost count by now it is 10 adults and 7 kids.) So really the little get together was actually a big get together!

I always enjoy getting together with the family. We can be dis-functional at times and are almost always loud but we are family and I love it! My dad does too. I think he enjoys having us over more than he does presents and a big fuss. You should see us at Christmas too! Then you have to add my step brother Sean and his wife and two kids to the count! Ha! One big happy family!

The kids all played together, chasing each other and getting into trouble as only cousins can get into! I love seeing them play together. It brings back memories of when I used to play with my cousins at my Grandmother's house. So sweet! I hope they are able to stay close throughout life.

The weather was perfect for back porch sitting. So we all stayed outside. Towards dusk though it started cooling off. Hannah has her first hoarse voice as a result of the cooler night air. Since she has never lost her voice before she was sort of confused. We were asking her random questions to see how she was talking and I told her to talk normal. I thought she might be faking it. In response she blurted out in her hoarsy voice as loud as she could, "I can't, it isn't working right." So cute. We all started laughing so hard. She was so frustrated though. I think she working on her first "school" cold.  I figure it is only a matter of time before she comes home with some germs and gets sick as a result. Hopefully we can avoid any major illnesses though!

No comments: