"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men ... It is the Lord Christ you are serving." ~ Colossians 3:23-24
Lets be honest! I am not a very good housewife. Meaning I HATE cleaning. I don't mind doing the yard work. I don't particularly like it, but I would rather be outside doing the yard than inside doing the dishes. I have always "tried" to keep the house clean for one main reason: So I don't get in trouble when DJ gets home! Who's with me? There are also reasons like unexpected guest, cleanliness, etc. But the main reason was for DJ.
I have been reminded lately of the verse in Colossians. As a stay-at-home mom and wife my duty is to take care of the house, kids, meals, etc. The list could go on and on. Why is it my duty? Well because my husband works and brings home the "bacon". (Technically I bring the bacon home since I do the grocery shopping, yet another thing to add to the list. Ha!) But you know what I mean. This is the stereotype of all housewives and stay-at-home moms. Right?
But lately I have been gaining a new prospective on my "job". I am not working for DJ, unexpected guest, my kids or even for myself! I am working for the Lord! He has given us all we have. Our house, car, clothes, food, money and jobs. And it is my job to take care of HIS possessions. They are only on loan! So, housecleaning just got a new meaning. Now I am not perfect, and I loose tract of what I am suppose to do daily. But I am trying. And now not so DJ won't be mad, but so Christ wont be mad! If he showed up at my front do to "check up" on my duties, how would I hold up to His inspection? (Please don't come right now, Lord. I'm not ready; I'm blogging!)
Well, lets be serious! He commanded us to do EVERYTHING whole heartedly! Even folding socks! There will be times when I fail! A lot of times, I'm sure. But if my attitude and heart are in the right place and I do my best, then I know I've lived up to the verse and Christ expectations!
No comments:
Post a Comment