OK, so I am not as good as the blogging professionals. I have waited too long to get on here. To catch up, here is a recall of the last two weeks.
The Fence
We decided to get a privacy fence put up around the backyard to protect Hannah. A family friend, Kerry, has been working on it for the last two weeks. I am so tired of it taking so long, but I know that he is doing his best. You see, he works full time during the week and comes over for a couple of hours after working and on the weekends. So, it has taken some time. It should be finished by the end of the weekend. I HOPE!
The Dog
The other thing that has kept my attention (besides Hannah) this last week is our new puppy. I have been wanting a dog for a while. I originally wanted to adopt an adult Golden Retriever from a rescue. I didn't want to house break a puppy. We thought it would make a great pet. However, the more we thought about it we decided not to get a dog at all. The desire to have a pet just didn't go away however. So, I convinced DJ again to get a dog. This time I decided to get a puppy that will be raised with Hannah. A big, adult dog is so unreliable if you don't know their history. I didn't want to get a dog that didn't fit in with our family (and children). We decided on a miniature Schnauzer. Her name is Lexi. She is the sweetest dog and has done pretty well with potty training. She is almost 9 weeks old and is catching on quickly. Hannah just loves her and they like to play with each other. The only problem we have encountered is when Lexi gets a little hyper and wants to chew on fingers and toes. But I am confident with time that can be broken.
The Air Conditioner
Today was not a very hot day, compared to last month. However, it did warm up quick. And today our thermostat for our air conditioner broke. The house is not even a year old, so things should not be braking like they have. We had no cool air in the house for about 6 hours. The temperature is normally set on 73 or 74. It reached 86 degrees in the house until the thermostat was replaced. I as actually sweating while watching TV. I hadn't done anything to make me perspire. So, it was HOT. But, not it is back to its comfortable temp of 73. I feel bad for the people that don't have air conditioners to keep them cool in the hot summer days. We are so blessed.
1 comment:
Well I am so glad I found your blog on Amber's blog.
Lexi, love the name. She is really cute. She will grow out of that puppy biting stage.
So, did you sit around with a wet washrag on your neck while you were getting hot? Of course today the weather is so cool, why couldn't your air have gone out on a day like today? :)
Amy Stogsdill
Post a Comment