Friday, February 3, 2012

Hunter Coltelee Dobbs

Hunter Coltelee Dobbs
January 28, 2012 
6 lbs. 15 oz. ~ 20 inches



My brother Matt and his wife, Elizabeth, welcomed their first child Saturday, Jan. 28th. They went in to be induced Friday morning at 5:30am. She slowly dilated all day and through the evening. Around midnight she stopped dilating at a 9. Elizabeth is a tiny woman and Hunter was a big boy for her size. So the doctors recommended a c-section. Elizabeth really didn't want to go this route without trying to push first. So, about an hour later she started to push. I was lucky enough to be a part of this along with my sister-in-law Shawna and my mother Pam. We were the only ones, besides Matt that was allowed to be in the delivery room while she was pushing. It was really neat to help Elizabeth and to be on the "other" side of delivering a baby. I mostly got to help with holding a leg. Anyway, for two hours, Elizabeth pushed with all her might. In the end, Hunter's heart rate started to get high and Elizabeth started to run a fever. The doctors were getting worried about their health and insisted on a c-section. Elizabeth and Matt agreed and just after 4 am Hunter was delivered.

Mom and Hunter are both doing great now. Hunter had to stay in the NICU for 3 days while the doctors monitored him for a possible infection from the delivery and he needed antibiotics. Elizabeth has started to recover from the surgery. At first there was a lot of pain, but it seems to be getting better. All three of them are staying at her foster parent's house for about a week. So I haven't really seen them since the 30th. I spent all day Saturday (after leaving the hospital at 5 am) sleeping! I was exhausted! But I can only imagine how the new parents feel!

His middle name is a combination of my brothers middle name, Colte, and a family name from Elizabeth's family, Lee. They both wanted it in his name and instead of having four names, I suggested they combine the name into one. I really like it, it's unique! Sorry the above pictures are a little dark, Hunter didn't like the flash very much! I will post some more pictures of them when I see them again. Hopefully that will be soon!

1 comment:

The Nelson Family said...

Congrats on your beautiful baby nephew! What an exciting addition to the family! And I bet it was so cool to be in on part of the delivery! I'm sure you'll never forget it!