Saturday, February 18, 2012

Petite Fours and Chocolate Pops

I helped co-host a baby shower for my friend Angie. I signed up to bring the cake/cupcakes and paper goods and a snack food. I really wanted to try my hand at petite fours instead of the traditional cupcake. They are so pretty and personal. Since I have never made them before I did a test run. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I had to go through several methods of icing them before I found the one that worked for me, poured fondant. To keep them simple but fun I dyed the fondant a light green and place chocolate molded candies on top. Her theme was safari and so the candies took the shapes of safari animals. I didn't get any pictures of my own, too busy getting them ready in time. So I took the pictures below from a friends website. Thankfully they got some of my creations. (Thanks Shelly!)

 Shelly was another host and she made this adorable motorcycle diaper cake! You can see it in the back ground of the above picture. If you would like to see it better she has more pictures on her blog. A link is to the left under Shelly.

Again another picture she took of the chocolate pops I made. Angie has been craving anything sweet during her pregnancy and so I decided I would make these chocolate pops for her too. And again, they were safari animals. These took some time doing, but overall were easy to make. I just used melted colored candy and "painted" the molds and then let them set up. Hope she likes them!

No comments: