Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cakes and More...

The week following the Super Bowl was a very busy week for me! I needed to practice some cake decorating techniques for Hannah's birthday cake and petite fours for a baby shower. For Hannah's cake I wanted to do gum paste flowers. The easiest of these seemed to be daisy's. Since her cake theme is Hello Kitty, I thought daisy's would be a perfect match. I loved working with gum paste! It was like working with play-dough but dried harder than fondant.


I made a multi-tone daisy to match the colors Hannah wanted on her cake, pink, purple and white. I thought they turned out cute. I had to let them dry for few days. I was going to put a purple middle on them, but decided it was too much work and just left them like this! I'm lazy sometimes! :)

I also worked on different ways to cover/ice petite fours for a baby shower I am co-hosting in a couple of weeks. I have my general idea of the completed look but getting there was somewhat frustrating! I finally managed a way to get them to work. As the week started to end, my kitchen looked like a bakery had thrown up on it! DJ came home one night after I cleaned it and stated that we do have a real kitchen instead of a bakery! I will post pictures of the petite fours in a couple of weeks when they are finished. Stay tuned!

We found out Trey had an ear infection this last Saturday, just in the beginning stages. With all his cold symptom and off and on fever he was exhausted. Most days he would sleep in a late as possible and take a very extended nap. This was after removing him from the car without him stirring once!

Now I know what your thinking! Here's the scoop: He has an older sister and older female cousin who love to play dress up when I watch Iva. It was inevitable that I would find him like this at some point. So when it finally happened I had to take a picture. The girls finally let him in Hannah's room to play with them. This was the result! I now will need to invest in some boy dress up costumes so he can play with them but without the wings and skirts!


No comments: