It's official, I'm in love with my vacuum sealer! I'm addicted to it. I will vacuum seal our left overs. I make extra meals to freeze for later ease. I seal things to keep them fresh longer. I would vacuum seal my kids if I knew it would help keep them fresh and in a state of perfection. Ha! I'm just kidding. Please don't call child services!
But in all truth, it is my most prized kitchen item right now. I used to think my dad was crazy. See, he has been using a vacuum sealer for several years now. Most of the steaks I have eaten at his house have been cooked, sealed, frozen, reheated and eaten like they just came off the grill! I love his "sealed" food. We used to joke he would vacuum seal his wife is only she fit in the bag! But now I know what joy it is to have and use one. It really makes my life around dinner time easier (and my freezer full).
On a more serious thought, wouldn't it be nice if we could apply this food saving concept to our personal life as Christians? When we are first saved, we are on fire for the Lord! We are white as snow and freed from our bondage of sin. Now, just vacuum seal our life right here and we can stay frozen in this time. Right? Wrong, sin is never going to let us stay sealed. Thankfully we have an ultimate tool! Jesus! He is our life saving, seal in the freshness kind-of tool. Thank you God, Thank you Jesus for the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus' blood on the cross so that I may be saved for a rotting life and eternity in hell!
No comments:
Post a Comment