Thursday, January 8, 2009
Tooth Talk
Today I had an appointment to have my teeth cleaned. I decided to make the appointment on a day DJ had off so he could help me with Hannah. I wanted her to go with me to see what it was like at the dentist's office. I am preparing her for her first visit in a year or so. I don't want her to be scared when she goes, so we showed her what it was like when they polished my teeth at the end. She got a prize and a new toothbrush. She also got to play with the mirror tool too. She really enjoyed all the fun stuff, but would not allow Angela (my hygienist) to look at her teeth. She like the TV right above my head and demanded to watch cartoons on it. I thought that would for sure get her in the chair, but not this time. So next time I will take her back with me and maybe we can make more progress then. I am not in a rush to get her to the dentist since her teeth are fine. There is one tooth we are watching to make sure it doesn't have damage. She fell on it earlier this year and now it is starting to look a shade darker than her other ones. But other than that she has good gums and teeth. She loves to brush them (more like lick the toothpaste off the brush) and she will let me brush them so they get cleaned right. Hopefully she will enjoy going to the dentist as she gets used to it. She has gotten better with her doctor, so I am sure with time the dentist will not be a scary place either!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment