Friday, January 23, 2009

Going back to work!

I have been blessed in so many ways. One in particular is that I get to say home with my daughter full time. I really only work on the days and times I choose (with my bosses approval, Thanks Shannon). As of right now I am working one 1/2 shift a week or 4 hours total. And I don't go in till 12:30, so I still get to sleep in some. During December I only worked 2 weeks and January and February I have one week off each month to do family things that were already planned.

Now here is what the email is all about: I have to go back to work today and tomorrow morning after having a week off. I know I don't work much, but it still feels like I am coming back from a week of vacationing and have to start back in the grind of working again. I don't want to complain, seeing how my boss and doctors I work for a very gracious to me in letting me have a flex schedule. I am just not looking forward to this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Especially tomorrow since I will have to get up very early and work half of my Saturday.

After Trey is born I will take the usual 6-8 weeks of leave and then start back with my 1/2 shift a week. Things will be very different then since I will have two little ones to leave with DJ or Sheila, my step mom. And I plan on breast feeding Trey so I will have to be mindful of that when I am working. Four hours is a long time to not feed your baby (or relieve yourself)! Moms out there know what I mean! So, lots to look forward to and think about! I am just thankful that I am able to stay home full time with my kids and give them the attention and love they deserve from their parents and not have to take them to daycare everyday.

1 comment:

Meagan-Marie said...

That is great that you have such an awesome schedule! Maybe your 1/2 shift will turn into a 1/4 shift! :)