I am starting to rearrange the office and craft/spare bedroom for the arrival of Trey. We are going to do a switch-a-roo with the two and move all the office furniture into the middle room and Trey will have his own room/nursery in the back room where the office is currently. Many have asked me why I would do this (including DJ) and this is why: I need more wall space for the office and the middle room has it. Before we can move anything from the office, we have to clear out the middle room. There is not enough space in the room to house the current furniture and all the office furniture.
Here is what we have to get ride of/move somewhere else: two chest of drawers, one hope chest, a glider and an old kitchen table that now serves as my sewing/craft table. This is from the middle room alone. One of the chest of drawers is mine passed down to me from my great grandmother and has current be relocated back to my mother's house with the rest of the matching collection. DJ dresser is current located in the garage to await further placement (currently unknown). Both of which were not really being used but rather collecting dust. The hope chest and glider will be moved into Trey's room and the table will be broken down and thrown away. It is falling apart anyway and needs to be put in a final resting place. It was a good table and served us for a long time; it was DJ's table in his old apartment. The chairs to it have all finally broken and have been thrown away.
Once we have moved all the furniture out we can start moving the office furniture into the new office/craft room. We will also be moving our treadmill into the office to remove it from our bedroom. We would like to move some other things out of that room, but for now we are just focusing our efforts on these rooms. Trey is getting Hannah old crib and changing table. We will be buying Hannah a new bed and night stand for her room. We wanted to make her feel special and thought this would do.
With that all being said, my point of the blog was to say we have too much furniture. We have only been married just shy of 5 years. We have been blessed with a nice home that is 4 bedrooms and has plenty of space. But why do I feel like my house is cluttered with furniture. One reason could be we have a hard time getting rid of old furniture when we buy new furniture. We just hate wasting it. Other reasons could be due to our nature to hoard certain things. I am getting better with that and I am working with DJ too. We keep joking about getting a bigger house, but we don't need one. We need to do house cleaning!!! Maybe after Trey is here I will have more energy to battle this issue. Maybe we can get a hold on our furniture clutter. I would like to do something different with our bedroom too. We need to rearrange things in there so it doesn't look so cluttered. I have my work cut out for me. Any ideas?
2 comments:
Sounds like you have a good plan goin'. Good idea to get started on that now. I agree it is hard to get rid of furniture. Take it to Civitan or something and get a tax right off or Goodwill. I bet once you rearrange things you will see what you need and what you don't. You will probably like your rooms more after this new arranging too. Good luck! Don't wear yourself out too much.
I get that same feeling at times. We knew somebody who knew somebody whose house burnt down and we eagerly gave them as much of our old stuff that they would take. ARC will come to your house and pick it up. It's hard to get rid of, especially when it has some sentimental value. Keep up the good work, but don't forget to prop up those feet!
Post a Comment