Friday, July 31, 2009

Yummy Cereal

That is what Trey will be dreaming about tonight! I fed him cereal from a spoon for the second time tonight. The first was about a week ago and he didn't really care for it. So, I tried again tonight and man I couldn't give it to him fast enough. He was a little hungry and so I think he thought "I'm starving and I must eat what ever she gives me!" He did a good job for not knowing how to swallow solids; much better than Hannah at that age! I didn't get a photo because he was hungry and I was in a bit of a hurry to get him fed and put to bed. So, maybe next time.

I thought I would update you on our bird situation too! This morning the nest was empty. So I asked DJ to knock it down and clean off the porch (hopefully for the last time). This afternoon I was walking home from my dad's house and noticed a group of birds swarming my front porch; flying all around the front of the house and under the porch. I realized that the babies didn't have a home to sleep in tonight. Even though they can fly, they weren't ready to actually LEAVE the nest. I felt so horrible (and so did DJ). Thankfully the brickwork on the porch has a ledge they are able to sit on during the night and still be safe. Maybe we didn't cause too many problems, and hopefully this will make them mature quicker. So, everyone is safe and I still have birds pooping on my porch. One day it will not be like this!

No comments: