Yesterday I had some errands to run for the week and the shower I am hosting at my house on Friday! I needed my regular groceries plus the food for the shower, a punch bowl, ribbon, and advantix K9 for Lexi's flea control. I asked my step-mom Sheila if she would like to go and get out of the house (she can't drive due to a stroke). The stores to hit were Hobby Lobby, (maybe Office Depot and Linen N' Things), PetSmart, somewhere to eat lunch, and Wal-Mart. This was going to be a busy day for all of us! When in W. Little Rock we decided to go to the big Dollar Tree. I ran into Office Depot to get some assorted sized rubber bans and then we went to Hobby Lobby to get ribbon and a punch bowl (which saved me a trip to Linen N' Things). After we went to PetSmart to get Lexi's meds. I told Sheila it would only take a few minutes and they could stay in the car. She insisted in bring Hannah in to look at the fish and other animals they sell. OK! I get the meds and come around the corner and Hannah has a bag of gold fish (two) and Sheila said she would keep them at her house. Hannah was SO excited. I have never seen her this excited about something. I started looking at the fish and the tanks and talking to the sales rep (my mistake). I talked to DJ briefly and decided to get a 10 gal starter tank for Hannah. She could use the two gold fish Sheila bought and I got a couple more. SO, we have 4 gold fish! I think later on we may get some more interesting fish, but for now the goldies are just fine! The only thing I don't like about the fish tank is that I had to put it in my kitchen. I was afraid of putting it somewhere Hannah could reach it and pull it over. She is so excited about them and sometimes tries to put her hand in there. I really have to watch her, but the kitchen makes it a little safer.
Hannah showing off her new pets.
4 fish (lower right corner)
1 comment:
The fish that I had in my classroom in Texarkana were the bane of my existence. The ones I bought at first were great and lived well until I decided to empty the tank and clean it out. Bad idea. (But that was a 18 gallon tank.) They died soon thereafter, as did all other fish that I kept buying and buying and buying... My point is: Good luck. Maybe it will be easier with a smaller tank and just goldfish. :)
Post a Comment