Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just doing my part!


A couple of months ago I was turned on to reusable shopping bags. At first the idea scared me. I thought there is no way I would be able to use them since I usually fill my buggy to the top with groceries and household items. I didn't want to carry a bunch of bags to Wal-Mart every time I need to do shopping. I tried it out and realized you can fit a BUNCH of groceries in just one bag. They are bigger and more sturdy than the plastic bags. You can fit TWO gallons of milk in one bag and when you carry it into the house it doesn't feel as heavy! I use them all the time now. I neatly fold them up and put them in one bag after each use. That way they are ready to go when I am. And I only have to carry one extra bag into Wal-Mart, instead of seven. That is how many I own and only use sometimes.


The best thing about the whole experience is they are reusable!!! I am not wasting plastic and letting them sit in a landfill for a life time! They cost $1.00 the first time you buy them and then are free after that. The cashiers don't mind them too much and I am doing my part in saving the earth. How can I go wrong? What things do you do to help the earth?

No comments: