My two youngest brothers are joining the Army. Matt is going into infantry and Taylor is going in to be a watercraft engineer (fancy word for boat mechanic). Matt's is pretty straight forward. Taylor was selected for this job based on his high score. It's a job you don't see often in the ARMY. He will not be working on Naval bases but strictly on Army watercraft. Pretty cool job since one of the few spots to be stationed are Virgina and Hawaii!
Both are starting basic training this month. Matt left on May 7th and Taylor is leaving May 15th. Just a week apart from each other. They are going to different places though. So we decided to throw them both a joint going away party with family and friends. Matt's family will join him when he gets his station orders. That will be about 14 or so weeks from his ship out. Taylor doesn't have a wife or kids, but he will get his assignment location in about 9 weeks and then complete his training there.
| Join cake I made for the two. |
| Matt's final swearing in ceremony. This was the last time I saw him...tear! |
| Everyone who was there to see him off. (Me, Brandon, Taylor, Mom, Matt, Hunter, Elizabeth & Trey) |
Before we got to say good-bye we had to wait, and wait and wait! So Trey took some pictures of everyone to pass the time! Below are his creations!
His Uncle Taylor, leaving nextTuesday
Uncle Brandon being silly and Uncle Taylor playing his game to pass the time.
My mom, Trey's Mamma
Guess I should have put make up on after all!
And one I took of Trey! I just love this guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment