March 23, 2009
9 lbs. 14.7 oz. 21.5 inches
Dennis Dale Jackson III, aka Trey
First Birthday!
2 years old
Wow! I can't believe he is already 3! This little big boy has been such a blessing in our life! He is a spitting image of his daddy with a little of me mix in. But just a little! He was so excited about his 3rd birthday for a couple of reasons: he became a big boy, he got presents and he got birthday cake!
3rd Birthday Picture!
A couple of days before his birthday we started potty training! This was something we talked up for a while. When you turn 3 you are no longer a baby who wears diapers but a big boy who wears underwear! He liked this. He has been doing very well with potty training too.
On his birthday we decided to make him some cupcakes so he would feel special on his birthday. We were not having his party until the next weekend. He was my big helper and helped me measure and mix the batter. That night he enjoyed the cupcakes with my brother and his family. The kids spent the night at his house while DJ and I went on a date! I know, parents of the year! But we don't get to have them as often as we would like and when the offer comes to have a kid free night we take it!
The Saturday after his birthday we took the kids to the Museum of Discovery. This was our birthday gift to Trey. (He has enough toys!) They had never been and LOVED it!
They were excited to see the dinosaur bones. I wasn't sure they would have some but the didn't disappoint!
There were so many things for the kids and adults to do. I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked because I was busy doing the things too. This was the "kids" play area and so I was able to get them playing.
The dinosaur area. Hannah really liked seeing all the different bones and skeletons.
The triceratops' head was pretty big!
This was an area where the kids got to see their shadows in different colors. Hannah enjoyed dancing in front of the lights!
We had Trey's family party on the 31st. I get stressed out when hosting big parties. So to help with my anxiety I broke the birthday party in two: one family and later one with his friends.
He loves Mickey Mouse. So we did a Mickey theme. While I decorated his cake, we sang the theme song to his favorite show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!
Blowing out the candles. Daddy eventually had to help!
Digging right into his presents!
He got a lot of cool things! Dress up costumes for boys! Yay! Some cool car toys and some Toy Story toys!
Some of the family!
Since Trey got several dress up things, the other boys in the house wanted to dress up too. So they all got their own costumes. I didn't get a group shot, but here is one of Brandon Paul dressing up.
Update: Trey's friend party got canceled due to Trey getting the stomach bug the morning of. So I have to reschedule and will post pictures of it later!
No comments:
Post a Comment