Saturday, March 17, 2012

Four Wheeler Muddin'

Some of our friends invited our family along with a few others to go mudding. I haven't ridden a four wheeler since high school. I did ride it through some mud and it did splash up on us. But I had no idea that our friends idea of mudding and mine were two completely different things. When they say mudding, they mean go through ponds of mud. Well not really ponds, but pretty deep mud holes! Thankfully we were able to borrow DJ's dad's four wheeler. And we didn't get it stuck!!! All four of us were able to fit on it, with the kids wedged in between and me on the back with a comfy seat. I know, really roughing it!

Just before we took off!

About half way through. And as you can see, this city girl got muddy!

I have not always been a city girl. Growing up in east Texas in the country, I lived beside cows and farms, went bare foot to my grandma's house and lived in the middle of now where (just out side of town). When we moved to Arkansas, we still lived in the middle of no where (in the middle of town) in the woods on 170 acres. We would go fishing and encounter snakes on the way home. This was also were I rode the four wheeler in high school. Then I moved out and got an apartment. That is when I started my journey into city life. I enjoyed pavement and pretty gardens. I enjoyed not having to dodge snakes. I enjoyed having neighbors.

Disclaimer: We didn't go very fast with the kids and we didn't go up steep hill sides. The kids were snug in between us and there was no real danger. Please to do not lecture me on four wheeler safety, I know it already and recited it to my husband the entire trip! We had a fun safe trip! 

No comments: