Saturday, April 4, 2009

The last 2 weeks

Well, blogging has been put on hold due to the new baby. But I am back! I have been quite busy sleeping, feeding, changing diapers, cleaning house, tending to Hannah and snuggling with my newest man of the house (and the older one too)! This last week DJ has been on his off week and it has been so nice. He will have to go back to work starting Monday and this next week will be hard.

For the ones who haven't heard, Thursday we received some upsetting news about Trey's newborn screen. It had some abnormal results that showed he might possibly have an Organic Acid Disorder. We have had him re-screened and are having to wait ONE WHOLE WEEK for the results. I know this may not sound like a long time, but when it comes to your baby's health it is an eternity! The condition is treatable and if left untreated could be very dangerous and possible cause infancy death. However if Trey has it we will be getting him treatment right away! There are symptoms to look out for and so far he is not showing them. But now that I know what to look for I find I'm questioning myself and wondering if he is showing them and I am not noticing. Please pray for us this week for it will be a trying one for me since I am hormonal and cry easily.

Also, my mother has had some medical work done this week to evaluate if she has breast cancer. We do not have a family history of breast cancer, but you never know where and with whom it will start. Her biopsy results will come in early next week as well. So, keep her in your prayers as well!

On a better note, here are some pictures of Trey since we have been home! Enjoy, I know I have!
First Bath
My unprofessional attempt to get photos for his birth announcements. Hannah holding Trey and giving him kisses. She is getting better each day and has sang Twinkle Little Star to him and gives him night night kisses before bed. I think it wont be too long before she comes around completely. I am so proud of her.
Holding him for the first time (she didn't want anything to do with him or me in the hospital, but once home she asked if she could hold him and if I would take her picture. So cute! (Hannah fell off the couch and hit the coffee table the week before Trey was born and had this Indian like scar in between her eyes for a week after and she had a small black eye.)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Very sweet pics! We will most definitely be praying for Trey and for your mom. So many things to worry about, pray for, and be concerned with...Your growing family is showing all the signs of being unified in love.

Nitzia said...

love the pics of Hannah holding Trey! so sweet:)

Heltz said...

The pics are great! We are praying for you! Can't wait to meet him!

The Cornelisons said...

We can not imagine having to wait so long to find out results, but we will pray for your sanity and for Trey's health. He's a sweetie!