Yesterday was a wonderful day. I went with my mom to her chemo doctor and met him for the first time. He gave us great news about my mom's cancer. It has not spread through out her organs or bones and is isolated to her breast and a lymph node under her left arm. He said it is completely curable although she will still have both breast removed. Before she does that however, she will have to do some chemo to kill and shrink the cancer she does have. The doctor thinks she can have surgery after a couple rounds of chemo. She will also have chemo after the surgery to kill anything that was missed. This was very good news since we thought the cancer was much worse. I am so relieved from his news.
And to think if that was not enough I received even more good news. Right before we met with her doctor, DJ called to tell me the clinic had called to inform us that Trey's lab results were complete. He does not have an Organic Acid Disorder and is completely healthy! YEAH! What another relief.
What is even more amazing than both of these is that morning on the way to the doctor with my mom I heard a song on K-Love. I don't even remember the song or who sang it, but God spoke directly to my heart and told me he is with me and this all was not a mistake. Now as a Christian I have known this, but haven't realized this until just yesterday morning. And instead of having my own pity party every day he told me to move on and find my place in his plan. And I did just that! I turned everything over to Him and accepted everything that was put on my plate. I went in to the office to meet my mom knowing that the worst could happen and that is what God wants. I came out knowing he does listen to our prayers and even though my mom still has cancer, it is not as bad as originally thought and she will make it through OK. GOD IS GOOD! I can't believe I didn't trust him completely as I should have. My friend Lisa put it into prospective with one of her latest blogs. You can read about it here. Thanks for that blog!
Thank you to everyone who was praying faithfully for my mother and my son. God has listened and has answered the prayers the way He knows best, and that is just perfect for me!
3 comments:
I have been praying for your whole situation! I am so happy to hear how God is working in both circumstances....and so clearly.
That's wonderful! We've been praying for you guys and now we are rejoicing with you guys! Keep us updated on your momma.
You & your family have been in our prayers...what an answer to prayer! God is so good!
Post a Comment