Hannah's first field trip was to The Children's Art Center for the play, A Year With Frog and Toad. I was able to go with her. She really like it! She also LOVED riding on the school bus for the first time. The play was pretty good, I thought. Though it wasn't my favorite. :)
Hannah with her friend Emma.
I tried to get a picture of the two of us, but it didn't turn out so great. Emma stuck her head in the way at the last minute and I couldn't get Hannah to sit up anymore, so I look all crooked.
This was Hannah's bus.
My step mom's family invited us to come to Christmas this year. I made a cake to take along.
Trey helped!
Finished Snowman Cake
As you can imagine, playing can get pretty fun sometimes. But clean-up is not so fun! Hannah can make her room go from spotless to this in about 5 minutes. Not joking. But getting her to clean it up can be quite to chore. So I stole an idea from a friend. My friend made her son a "map" to help him clean his room without getting so overwhelmed. This is mostly Hannah's problem too. (And that she is lazy too.) So I thought making her a "map" would help. And it did!
It's not fancy, but it gave her just the encouragement she needed. I put pictures next to the words to help her know what the word said. Since she is learning to read at school, I made sure she read it to me before starting on her room. They I put little check boxes so she could check off her accomplishments and to keep her encouraged through the whole process. I didn't get a finished picture, but she took her map and colored all over it as a reward. She really like the map idea and we have used it several times.




No comments:
Post a Comment