Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello Again!

It has been way to long since I last blogged! Enough said. Here is a catch up!

A lot has happened in our life since I was last on here:

- We have built a new home.

- Hannah has started Kindergarten at Howard Perrin Elementary (in Benton).

- I have become more of a morning person! I know! This is in part to getting up with Hannah every morning. I am awake early and therefore go to bed early. But I have enjoyed every minute of it. And because I am away early I am more productive! This might be due to the gallon of coffee I drink every morning...no really it is just a cup or two! But I do get energy from it.

- I was saved! I realized the decision I made when I was 12 was not a decision of faith and complete trust, but I "get out of Hell card". So on March 20th of this year I gave my whole heart and life to Jesus. I know now the commitment I made and try everyday to live by faith and trust Him for everything in my life. Sometimes I still fail, but I know God still loves me and will never leave me!

- Our family took a vacation to the beach! It was a lot of fun. We went with some great friends and relaxed the whole week! Hopefully we will be going back again next year!

- I have lost 45 lbs!!! I lost some of that about a year ago and about 30 lbs. this summer alone. I fit into a size medium shirt and can wear some of my old t-shirts from high school and college. The main thing is I am healthier now! DJ lost 20 lbs. this summer with me. We did it on the HCG diet. You can google that to find out more information. We did drops that a doctor prescribed. It was mentally hard, but a very rapid way to lose weight. I would still like to lose a little more, but I am in no hurry and I will do it through exercise and eating healthy.

- My grandmother passed away. She is technically not my grandmother by blood, but rather in all the ways that count she was. See, my dad's parents were tragically killed when he was 8 years old. My dad's uncle and wife, GiGi, took him in and raised him. After my dad's uncle left GiGi, she still continued to keep him as her own. She also had two daughters and a son of her own, but my dad was always considered hers too. I didn't have a close relationship with GiGi due to distance and other things, but she was still a great woman. Hannah and her had developed a lovely relationship during the last few years. Hannah and GiGi would exchange phone calls and snail mail occasionally. Hannah didn't really understand the whole death experience, but I know she misses her. And so do I. I wish we would have been closer, but I am happy she is in heaven with the Lord.

I guess that is my life from the last 9 months or so in a nut shell. I am going to try to keep up the blog for myself. I would love to look back and know what God has done in my life and how I have grown (spiritually). And to have a written memory of my kids childhood! I also like sharing it with all my friends!

No comments: