Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall...

...it is my favorite time of the year!

I love the weather, the cool nights and pleasantly warm days. I have had my main room windows up for the majority of this month. Since the bedroom windows are still closed, it isn't too cold during the nights. Maybe a little chilly first thing waking up and walking into the living room and kitchen, but overall nice through the day.

Another thing I love about this time of the year is the colors! Spring is pretty with all the new flowers, but I just love the look of autumn. The browns, reds, and oranges! It screams peace to me. Unfortunately when the trees turn these amazing colors that means we only have a short while before the leaves fall off and you are left with a grey tree! But for that short time it is just amazing.

Football is another great thing about this time. I must admit that I was more in love with the sport before I had kids. Not sure why! Maybe it has something to do with the less time I have now. I don't get to watch much TV unless it is Mickey Mouse or Super Why. And when football is on, there is always something to do around the house or with the kids. Even though I don't watch it as much anymore, I still have a buried love for it. And one day things will arrange themselves where I will have more time to watch it! DJ can keep my updated until then.

One of my most recently added favorites to this season is school. I didn't understand the power of "going back to school" until this year. Hannah has been in preschool for two years now. It wasn't until this last year that she really began to enjoy going to school. So when Summer started I was somewhat relieved that I would get to sleep in, but Hannah wasn't. She really missed going to school. Towards the end of the summer she became restless and got into more trouble. So when school started back it was a relief! Along with school there has been other things that have filled our down time. Routines are back in order and life continues on!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love fall too! Still waiting for it to arrive here....nice in the mornings, but still 100 by afternoon. But I can feel it coming. So many things to love about this time of year. Sounds like y'all are doing really well. I'm glad for that.