Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby News

I just wanted to update everyone on the baby. We had our first doctor appointment and ultrasound last Thursday. On the ultrasound we heard the heartbeat (and saw it too). It was beating at 121 bpm. The tech said anything over 100 is good at this point. It was a big relief to hear it. Everything else looked fine as well. I thought I was 7 weeks at the time of the appointment, but the baby measured at 6w5ds. Not too far off! Dr. Keller said everything else looked good too. I have to continue taking Prometrium until the 12th week. That is the time the placenta will take over. As far as sickness, things are OK. I get a little nauseous during the day, but nothing has come up so far. Hopefully it will stay that way. I tend to get more sick if I am hot and this summer heat hasn't helped at all. I haven't been sick these last couple of days and I think it is because it is not hot outside. We will see when the weather returns to normal. For now, lets enjoy the cooler weather!!!

The baby is on the left (being measured) and the little ball on the right is called a yoke sac.

The baby from a different view

2 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

Congrats! I'm so glad all is going well! We'll keep praying for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

amy said...

That is amazing! So tiny. Glad you got some good news.