Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Hannah's Big Girl Bed
Last week DJ and I made the decision to convert Hannah's crib to a toddler bed. I got the idea from my pediatrician at Hannah's 2 year check-up. I know some of you are thinking that I am a glutton for punishment. I'm NOT! At first, I was real sceptical of the idea. Thinking she would not stay put all night. But we decided to do it anyway. The first night, she treated it a s a "crib" and stayed put all night and just cried a little when we put her to bed. The next morning when she woke up she got out of bed and came to my room to wake me up. (It was pretty cute.) However, she had discovered she wasn't trapped as before. At nap time she got out a couple of times but was so tired that she finally went to sleep in the bed. The real fun was that night (the second night). We laid her down and turned off all the lights in the house and went to bed ourselves. She got up a bunch of times. At one time she had brought her blanket and pillow and had "camped" out in front of our door. (I couldn't help but laugh at the site!) But eventually she fell asleep in her bed. Now that it has been a couple of days, she is staying in her bed almost every time. IT WORKED! She is now sleeping in a toddler bed like a big girl! I am so proud. I really thought it would be a nightmare, but she has done really well. I will post a picture soon. (don't have any yet) The next step is potty training!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We really need to do that!
Post a Comment