Tuesday, July 3, 2012

So in the last month....

I cant believe it has been a whole month since I posted last. Summer has kept us pretty busy.
  1. VBS- Our church had Vacation Bible School in June. I signed up as a 2nd grade guide. It was a lot of fun. I had a small group and all the kids were really fun and great to hang out with for the week. Hannah and Trey participated in VBS too. Trey is still too young to attend if I'm not helping so his experience is a little different than Hannah's. His is more like childcare with crafts and games. Hannah learned all about missions and different stories in the bible. I loved hearing about her day when we would drive home.
  2. DJ's trip to Peru- Friday was the last day of VBS and that morning was also the day DJ left for Peru. He went with a group from our church to do some mission work in Cajamarca, Peru. He was part of the medical team that sets up free medical clinics to the Peruvians and he ran the pharmacy there. It is an awesome thing our church does and he really enjoys being a part of it. This was his second year to go. Father's Day was the following Sunday after he left. So we weren't able to celebrate with him that day. But we made up for it after he got back. While he was gone I cleaned the house from top to bottom for him. Kinda a father's day gift I suppose.
  3. Swimming- We have been swimming a lot too. Going to DJ's parent's house to swim and to Magic Springs. We have also swam at some friend's house too. Hannah has really come out of her shell when swimming. She is learning to trust herself more and her life jacket too. She has stopped hanging out only on the ladder and started to swim out in the pool. She has also shown interest in learning how to swim without her jacket. Yay! She doesn't really trust me that much to help her, but we are working on that. She prefers anyone but me! Trey still LOVES to jump in and swim all over. He still wears his life jacket but has shown interest in learning how to swim too. He is just a little to young still (and heavy). We'll get there!
  4. Trampoline and outdoor activities- When the weather is nice we try to go outside to play. We bought the kids a trampoline after school let out and they love jumping with their daddy the most. We also play with chalk and ride the scooters/cars they got for Christmas. My driveway isn't really flat so this play only happens on the top and in the garage. And it has been getting way too HOT. So we have started limiting outdoor play due to the shear heat. Sprinklers are a nice way to cool off (and water the grass) but they don't hold the kids attention for too long. They prefer swimming instead.
I haven't really take many photos. I will have to make an extra effort to bring out the camera more often. Tomorrow is July 4th and we are going swimming at DJ's parents house. So I will try to capture the day better than I have of late!

No comments: