Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Back Porch Resident

I have a fear that not too many people know of. I am afraid of frogs. I am not sure what has provoked this fear, but I do know that if I see one I freak out. I don't like their ability to hop around (never knowing where they are hopping to) and the slimy appearance and so on. So there it is...
Now for my story, I have a frog living on my back porch. Around the time it started getting warm outside I noticed a little frog on the back porch one night when letting Lexi out to potty. EVERY NIGHT SINCE I have seen this frog when I let her out...EVERY NIGHT. Needless to say the frog keeps getting bigger. I don't know why it likes my porch or why it hangs around the door area. Sometimes I will see it during the day, but mostly at night. I do not freak out every time I see it now; I guess I expect to see it and so it doesn't scare me as much. One time it thought it would move its residence into my house. I went to shut the door and it hopped up on the door ledge and got wedged between the door and the weather seal. I didn't realize it at first, but then I noticed it hopping out of the house. I almost squished it! I would really like for it to move away and find another home. I hate going on the back porch now, just the thought of running into it makes me stay inside. Call me crazy, but this is how I feel about frogs!

Here is a picture of my neighbor! Ugly little guy isn't he. (He is sitting right beside the back door in this picture.)

1 comment:

The Nelson Family said...

I know how you feel. Frogs give me the creeps too. But I'm pretty sure Lucy would have ran the frog off on first notice. Lexi must be too friendly! :)