Tuesday, June 9, 2009
BIRDS...
...I officially hate them now! Well sort of, you see I hate the ones in the nest on our front porch. I have identified them as a Barn Sparrow. They are really pretty in looks but that is it! They are the meanest birds alive. They are also the most dirtiest things I have seen. They poop on my porch. The poo leaves stains on the concrete and it also attracts tiny tiny bugs. They are so small that you have to be real close to see them. They get on everything that is on the porch including DJ's daily morning newspaper. This is how we discovered them. He kept feeling them crawl on him while he read the paper and we finally figured out they were from the bird droppings. I have to clean the porch off daily to keep the bugs (and poo) to a minimal. This is were they can get really mean. It takes me about 10 minutes to clean the porch. Meanwhile the parents are circling the porch area diving down to attach me. If I try to spray them (purely defensive) they get worse and they will also recruit their neighboring friends. Today there were 6 birds total trying to attack me. I have been hospitable and nice, but I just don't know how much more of this I can take. I can't wait till the baby birds fly away and everyone leaves. I am knocking down the nest and praying they never return. Next spring I will be watching them and making sure to prevent them from building another nest. The birds last year that built a nest in my wreath were not nearly as messy or mean. I think I would rather have those birds back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh no!!! i know how you feel about birds... as you know i had a terrible expierence with them. sparrow birds are very mean, they are the ones that took the baby birds out of their nest last time in our backporch. so sorry you have to deal with it!
Post a Comment