Monday, June 8, 2009

3 weeks + 30 photos = One long catch up post

I'm not kidding, this is by far the longest post I have ever created. However, it contains a lot of pictures and things we have done over the last 3 weeks. You may not really want to read a post this long and I understand, but here it is just in case you don't have anything else to do!

Parent Commitment Service, May 17th, 2009
Several times a year our church does a Parent Commitment service to allow parents to commitment themselves to raising Godly children. This is usually done when the children are newborns. We did this with Hannah when she was just a few months old too. Here is the picture of Bro. Bruce holding Trey while introducing him to the congregation and announcing our commitment.

This is just a sweet photo of Trey sleeping. This is my mom, Pam holding Trey at the park after going to the Farmer's Market for a play date. She is undergoing chemo right now for breast cancer and is doing really well. She will soon have surgery to remove both breast. The cancer is shrinking very quickly and is not very aggressive, both are answered prayers.Memorial Day Weekend - Trip to Iowa
We went up to Burlington, Iowa (DJ's birth town) for his cousin Kody's marriage to Kaya. It was a beautiful wedding and Kaya's dress was so gorgeous! Here is a picture of DJ and Hannah in the hotel pool. Hannah had a blast there thus starting our summer swimming fun! First family photo with both kids! Also this was Trey's first time in a pool. Hannah's first time in a pool was in Iowa (different hotel) too. Kody and Kaya ReynoldsMy first dance with my son! He is still to young to refuse! Hannah dancing with Kody. This girl danced the whole night. The wedding was at 6pm and the reception went until midnight however we left at 11pm and that was only at Hannah's request to go to bed. She wore herself out dancing with everyone...and I mean everyone!Iva and Hannah dancing the night away. Iva danced just as much as Hannah and also with everyone!The next day we went to an indoor water park there in Burlington. It was a small one and some of the slides and rivers were outside, but it was a nice adventure for the kids. Hannah didn't really do much, but she did enjoy the lazy river with daddy. Here is Iva waddling in the kiddy area. DJ and Kaylee played alligator while Hannah and Iva rode on their backs. Here is Hannah on DJ's back with Kaylee close by. (By the way Kaylee is Kody's sister and she came home with us after the wedding for 2 1/2 weeks and stayed with various family including us.) Back in Arkansas, Trey decided he would practice rolling over (and eating his fist). He never quite made it to his tummy but he sure did get his practice in. I just love this little guy! Here is a funny picture of DJ and Trey after the fell asleep watching Sports Center together. This is DJ's lullaby and I guess will be Trey's as well! :) We took a trip to the Crater of Diamonds with Kaylee and DJ's parents. It was just after a rain and the ground was semi-muddy. I didn't really care to get dirty so I left the hard work up to Hannah and DJ to find me a diamond! However they had not such luck. Hannah did enjoy digging in the dirt all day (and I think DJ liked it too)!

Trey liked the idea of finding Mommy diamonds too!
Grandma and Hannah surface searching for diamonds.
One night we took Kaylee bowling. We had a great time but had time and believe it or not Hannah beat me (everyone did) by a few points. Everyone broke 100pts. that night......Everyone but Trey!
One day we took Kaylee to Magic Springs and Crystal Falls. Most of the rides and kiddy pool were closed, but everyone still had a great time. Hannah rode some rides with Daddy and Kaylee. Here is one with water involved. She was a little scared at first but wanted to ride it several times. You can see them in this picture in the second row from front.
Here they are after the big water splash...can you tell Hannah was just thrilled!
Again another ride with Daddy and Kaylee (purple shirt)...and again can you see Hannah's over excitement. She wanted to ride this one again too!
After a long day at Magic Springs we decided to go to Playtime Pizza with DJ's mom Cindy. Here is a picture of Kaylee (back car) and DJ and Hannah (front car) on the Go-Carts. Hannah really does like for Daddy to go fast. I don't!
We took Kaylee to Pinnacle on Saturday. It was a beautiful day for it too. I stayed down on the playground with Hannah and Trey. Here is Hannah starting to bury herself. This kids loves the dirt!
Here is Lexi (our dog) "guarding" Trey while I went to check on Hannah. She is a good dog, but just gets a little too excited sometimes. She and Trey both enjoyed the shade that day!
June 2nd was Trey's 2 month doctor visit. He was a trooper during the exam and not so much when the Dr. Thompson "fixed" his circumcision. Poor guy had it growing up and so he wasn't too happy when the doctor pulled it back down. My fault completely! Anyway, then he was a trooper thru the shots too. He only cried for a minute and then started flirting with the nurse. Such a teaser! His weight was 15lbs 2.8 oz and was 24 1/2 inches long. Both were upper 90%. One big baby!
Here is the nest on the inside of my front porch and the 3 baby birds that constantly poop on my porch. I will go out once every couple of days to spray it off and the parent birds start to attack me. This is what I get for my hospitality! Next year I am posting a "No Birds Nest" sign! Last year I had a couple of birds make a nest in my Easter wreath and ruin it. This year I didn't put up a wreath for that vary reason! However annoying they are, they are still pretty cute to watch. I hope they learn how to fly real soon though!
Hannah likes to watch them too.
This past weekend we went down to Texarkana for DJ's friends wedding. Craig was DJ's best man and has been his friend since Pharmacy school. Here is Craig and his bride Holly during their first dance.
Hopefully things will slow down for a while. This week I am picking up a few shifts at work and then next week is VBS at my church. After that I am taking a vacation from vacations and doing nothing! Well, maybe I'll clean my house for my husband!

2 comments:

Meagan-Marie said...

You guys have been busy! Looks like ya'll have been having fun though!
Ryne just pointed and named it, but didn't get too excited about the snake. And I wasn't scared to hold it...but I wasn't letting it close to my baby! lol!

Lisa said...

What a busy couple of weeks! Wow! I would have to take a vacation from them as well. All the pics are great! Thanks for keeping me up to date with the beautiful ones. btw..I do remember that I owe you an email. After this Wednesday night, I think things will calm down here too.